Veg-tember

it's some broccoli


Welcome to September aka vegan challenge month in my house (my house being me and my cat.
And my cat is not participating, but you can take that up with him yourself). As I've mentioned before, I've been semi-vegetarian for a few months now. By committing to a month of strict veganism, I am going to see how it works for me - mind (can I effectively prepare vegan meals? Can I remain compliant when eating out?), body (does my body react well to a plant based diet? am I feeling energized/not bloated/recovering well from workouts?), and soul (how do I feel about the impact this dietary choice is making on the environment/animals/the world? Can I be vegan without being super annoying about it?)

Here's a few guidelines  I'm laying out for this month

I will
- Commit to a clean vegan diet. Yeah, I know, Oreos are vegan. But I don't even fucking like Oreos so you can keep em. This doesn't mean to say there won't be the odd treat or drinks (at least until Oct-sober begins), but I don't want to overload on refined sugars, grains, etc just because they fit into the category of being vegan. Also can we just talk about Oreos for another second. Why do people like them so much? What am I missing here? Gimme a gooey fresh chocolate chip cookie any day. For real. Bring me chocolate chip cookies everyday.

- Blog at least 2x/week. I'll attempt to keep this diverse. Sometimes recipes, sometimes experiences, sometimes maybe just pictures of my stupid face doing stupid things maybe with my stupid friends or my stupid cat. It's gonna be pretty stupid.

- Exercise regularly. Gotta put that delicious plant protein to good use! Maybe now that I won't be weighed down by meatiness, I'll be able to finally do fucking double unders. Unlikely, since I'm the most hopelessly uncoordinated person on this planet. But maybe, just maybe.

- Make my bed every morning. This isn't related to diet at all. My mum always made me make my bed as a kid, but I kicked up the biggest fit every time. And then it struck me recently, do real life adults actually make their beds? Seriously, I want you to tell me if you make your bed or not. Anyway, yeah, I'm trying that out too.


I will not
- Count macros. To start this whole endeavor, I don't want to overload myself by tracking calories/carbs/protein/fat. That can come later, once I've settled into things and realized I can commit to this lifestyle without driving myself insane.

- Weigh myself. This is something I've realized becomes very toxic for me. I cycle through periods of never weighing myself, gorging and becoming unhealthy, and then weighing myself every day, and beating myself up over the number it shows me. It doesn't serve me well in trying to live my healthy life. No jokes here. OK just kidding, here's one. So this girl steps on the scale one morning and it shows that she gained .5lbs from the day before, and she spends the entire day thinking about killing herself. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Fuck that wasn't as funny as it sounded in my head. Sorry.

- Beat myself up if I fall off track. Again, that behaviour does not serve anyone well.

That's all for tonight. Sorry this post wasn't that funny or entertaining. Butt joke. Fart joke. Good night. 

Comments

  1. Love making my bed and also love Oreos!! Just saying!! The middle part, so f-ing tasty!! xx Aaron

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Paleo life

Vegan Lasagne!

Juice Do It