Juice Do It - Day 2

DAY TWO


It's 11am on day 2, and I am FREEZING! Is this because of the cleanse or is it because it's just really goddamn cold outside? I don't normally get chilly in our office, but I've been freezing my titties off all morning, and I cranked the heat in my apartment up to 25 last night. Is it the weather or the juice? It's the true mystery of our age.

Besides being an icicle, I feel pretty good! I didn't finish all my juices yesterday, as I realised that getting through 7 juices in a 12 hour period (breakfast at 9am, and going to bed at 9pm) was just not going to happen. So today I started with my first juice (The Kickstarter again) at the gym at 6:30am, and then the second one (The Base again) at 9am. My workout didn't suffer this morning, as far as I can tell (besides my general overall sloth, I mean). I'm a bit sleepy, but I think that is from not having coffee.

It's weird to think that I haven't eaten solid food in nearly 48 hours, and even weirder that I feel totally fine. It's not like I'm not craving food. Some fiend just put free croissants in the office kitchen, and I had to run away to stop myself from burrowing into the box like a pig in a trough. Like, how very dare you? Don't you know I'm on a cleanse and I am the only person in this 100 body office who matters?

To distract myself from the free baked goods just mere metres away, I will tell you about the end of Day 1 yesterday. It was pretty uneventful, aside from making veggie broth and peeing a lot. I paired the 4th juice of the day - The Green - with a mug of veggie broth. The Green tastes exactly as the name suggests - Green AF. Other than a smidge of lime, it's just greens greens greens.



Between The Green and the Nut & Seed, I had the Digestive (no pic). I'll write about that one later. The Turmeric was meant to go after The Green, but I skipped it as I didn't have enough time to drink the remaining juices before my self imposed 9pm curfew, and I really wanted to have the Nut & Seed one! The Digestive was meant to be last, but I wanted to mix some Ashwagandha powder into the Nut & Seed, as it's apparently best taken right before bed.




Now, you may be asking - Michaela, WTF is Ashwagandha Powder? The answer is - I don't really know! But Gwyneth Paltrow sells it on her website, so it must be good for me, right? My incredibly inexpert research tells me it's an adaptogen, which helps our bodies regulate stress. It's also meant to help with brain function, memory, blood sugar, muscle development, inflammation, depression, and libido. So, by taking it, I will become a swole, blissful, horny genius. Can't deny that kind of science, kids!



I'm going to get back to work for now, but I'll report back later. Hopefully that increased brain function will help keep me on track with writing more of this silly blog.

Here's what I'm drinking currently. Peace out.



Update: 3:41pm. Watching recipe videos on Facebook is a terrible idea, and yet... here I am. Watching videos of people making bacon and ground beef into vessels for cheese. I don't even eat meat. Why I am I doing this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Paleo life

Vegan Lasagne!

Depression, Disordered Eating, And All That Bullshit In Between